WordPress Developer | Project Manager
Experienced digital marketing project manager with 15+ years of strategic expertise in the creation, promotion, and sales of B2B and consumer products and services, with a specialty in content marketing and web.
Wicked ability to apply traditional marketing methodology to new marketing technology
- HTML5 100%
- CSS3 95%
- PHP 73%
- SQL Server 75%
- XSLT 90%
- Node JS 70%
- WordPress 100%
- Joomla 95%
- Drupal 75%
- Salesforce 73%
- Wavemaker 75%
- Infusionsoft 90%
- Hubspot 70%
- Google Analytics 95%
- MailChimp 100%
- Constant Contact 95%
- Drip Mail 75%
- Vertical Response 73%
- iContact 75%
2009 – 2017
Factory Design Labs – Denver, CO
Front end developer, UX/UI designer, copywriter/editor tasked with overseeing day-to-day operations of project teams, distributing workloads evenly amongst staff and making sure motivation and performance levels are maintained.
• Helped to drive online media campaign conceptualization, creative execution, planning and testing as well as cohesive integration with cross-channel marketing (email, social, events), campaign efforts
• Coordinated testing strategy and calendar across the campaign lifecycle optimizing the offer, targeted messaging and landing pages
• Worked closely with Brand and Customer Marketing Managers, as well as sales and product teams to define campaign objectives and measurement KPIs as well as campaign positioning and messaging
• Produced customer content including front end web development, SEO audits, UX/UI design, knowledge base articles, updates, installations, setups, FTP systems, plugin selection and troubleshooting, webinars, white papers, eBooks, etc.
• Reviewed project budgets and resolved discrepancies, requirements gathering, oversaw project teams and client deliverables
• Created a more efficient project tracking system by working with the project management software developer that increased transparency on projects in the system and led to 35% faster delivery times; virtually eliminated defects found during QA
• Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and assisted in testing efforts
• Set up, participated and lead daily/weekly project team/client conference calls; often using Slack, Basecamp, Google Meet, Skype.
• Demonstrated resource management skills in assigning project team members and freelance/offshore resources
• Tracked project progress and reported to all internal/external stakeholders
Mediator / Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
2009 – 2016
Jefferson County Courts & Denver Small Claims Court (CAMP Program, Court ADR Mediation Program) – Denver, CO
- Facilitated communications and correspondence between disputants to guide parties toward mutual agreement
- Conducted initial meetings and interviews with disputants to outline arbitration process
- Resolved procedural matters such as fees, contractual communications and forwarding, record-keeping, determined witness numbers, locations, scheduling requirements
- Scheduled appointments for parties to engage in mediation or arbitration
- Interviewed claimants, agents, or witnesses to obtain accurate information regarding disputed cases
- Prepared settlement agreements for judicial approval, applying relevant laws, regulations, policies, precedents to reach conclusions
- Evaluated information from documentation such as claim applications, birth or death certifications, marriage certificates, divorce filings, physician or employer records
2008 – 2009
Concorde Career College – Aurora, CO
• Managing email campaigns through Constant Contact database for prospective students, alumni, and internal community; including writing and re-writing content.
• Promoting marketing and advancement events to prospective students, including managing web content, social media calendar and coordinating direct mail around event planning.
• Project management of marketing initiatives including developing and tracking schedule and budget to meet goals, implementing quality control reviews, and delivering final product; tasked with rebuilding on-site library, creating online research library, computer training programs, academic tutoring regimen and schedule
• Created marketing strategies, themes, and messaging consistent with brand
• Analyzed clients and opportunities to target marketing on areas that will realize best ROI
• Assisted Marketing Manager in development and monitoring of media purchases
• Managed and mentored Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Assistant to ensure quality marketing results and continuous improvement
• Streamlined and rebuilt on-site academic library and created digital library, implementing a purchasing budget in coordination with corporate
2002 – 2008
Palm Beach State College – Belle Glade, FL
• Planned and managed activities and projects that supported college web services.
• Provided leadership and direction in planning, developing, and maintaining the PBSC web environment. Responsible for the exploration, implementation, testing and maintenance of new technology.
• Directing solutions to functional and technical problem solutions.
• Supervised Programmer/Analysts and directed the work of project staff that design, develop, and test programs and information systems delivered via the Web.
• Researched, selected, implemented and maintained Web-based applications integrated with a variety of data sources.
• Provided strategic direction and leadership for project management, customer service processes, and software selection and support.
Assistant Marketing Manager
2000 – 2002
Whitney Information Network – Cape Coral, FL
• Organized Direct Mail management, copywriting, design and content management, web site production management, working with company Vice-President / COO and design lead to plan and strategize all direct mail efforts
• Analyzed all direct mail and marketing collateral production efforts and be proficient in their success by ensuring the creation of monthly reports was completed and that reports were error free
• Assisted with editing of copy for various marketing collateral, sales material, ad copy, inserts, brochures, bonus reports, fliers, package inserts, articles, newsletters, email blasts, voice broadcasting campaigns, radio spots, television broadcasts, openings, correspondence, educational course content, books, reports, web site content, packaging and direct mail
• Managed web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns ensuring consistent branding and identity. Oversaw the design, build, and maintenance of the company’s social media presence
• Ensured proper coding was assigned to all digital marketing campaigns so that measurement and report performance can be properly assessed
• Managed the corporate sales function, performance reporting, streamlining processes wherever possible and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships
• Assisted in off-site speaking engagements, site layout, educational seminar creation and preparation/design,
• Sales and lead generation strategies; researched and prepared reports on advertising expenditures to be approved before purchase; such as radio spots, newspaper “editorial” ads, late night infomercials programming, e-mail blasts, online funnel creation, tracking profit margins
- Organizing and directing monthly meetup groups that are sponsored and promoted by the WordPress Foundation (the company that owns the WordPress CMS), helping new developers work more efficiently with WordPress and its various plugins and themes and with basic programming needs
- Working with local groups and small business owners to help facilitate greater understanding of internet marketing, SEO, and WordPress as a means by which to promote business and market and resolve business needs
- Onboarding new programmers and developers who wish to participate within the WordPress community or get involved with local WordCamps
- Presenting regular informational workshops to local Chambers and business organizations promoting WordPress, explaining its purposes and uses, while concurrently cultivating sales leads and referrals
The WordPress Foundation | Denver, CO | 2004 – Present
- Presented live 5-hour WordPress training bootcamp to local area non-profit managers and administrators, which was also video-taped for future reference, sales, and promotion
Open Media Foundation | Denver, CO | 20014
- Small business mentoring through SCORE, a division of the US Small Business Administration. SCORE is a nation-wide nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship; which has been in existence for approximately fifty years.
- Presented regular educational and informational workshops to small business owners, consulting with startup issues, organizational matters,digital marketing, traditional marketing and cross-promotional methods, specializing in incorporating long-term digital marketing strategies with content marketing and SEO best practices and utilizing eCommerce for retail and service industry vendors
SCORE, division of the SBA | Denver, CO | 20008-Present
Studied English with an emphasis in Creative Writing, with course work in historical literature, composition, forms of literature, messaging, marketing, communications, and journalism.
Old Dominion University | Norfolk, VA
“David is like a force of nature. As a result of working with him we now have more people coming into the store daily, better processes for managing invoices and receipts, for scheduling appointments. We have access to state and federal contracts, are found in online search, are getting new referrals and sales through our new website, and he’s also helped us streamline our bidding process.”
“David has an incredibly broad scope of knowledge which enables him to go way outside the box in assisting clients with their websites. His integrity is unimpeachable and he’s a joy to work with at every juncture.
“In today’s market, it is crucial to have a strong and professional website and internet presence. David has not only produced a clean, readable website, but also maintains the website and provides great advice for improving business. I feel very fortunate to have David among my invaluable business contacts. I am incredibly pleased with the results.
“David helped me to create and promote a WordPress plugin for our online scheduling company to ease integration with WordPress.
He gave me key direction on exactly what steps to take and how to market it, and it has been hugely profitable.”
“When I needed website help from somebody who could write AND speak geek, David was the first person I called. His passion for the written word and his tech savvy make him a real find for anyone looking to create a dynamic web presence or make an impression in print.”
“David was responsible for maintaining, developing, designing, and administering our church website. In addition to a high energy level, David was one of the few employees I have worked with that seemed to recognize that excellence is a journey and not a destination. I highly recommend David…”
“David worked for me overseeing political campaign communications, and based on his work, I would rank him as one of the best consultants we have ever had. He distinguished himself by consistently submitting exceptionally well-researched and well-written messaging, framing, branding, letters, slogans, and other political campaign materials.